vendredi 11 mars 2011

Peter Hook plays Joy Division @ Trabendo

I have to start by saying directly the gig last night of Peter Hook bass player from Joy Division was the gig of the year for me ! I have always loved with a passion the songs and lyrics of Ian Curtis first of all, the next thing of love about Joy Division is the sounds and lines of the bass, very special ! I am a total slave to this kind of intensity in music and for me only a few bands and singers move me like that and Joy Division and the voice of Ian Curtis is one of them.

After listening to every song every recorded, seeing the movie "Control", reading about his life and watching every documentary possible I could find I feel I have absorbed every inch of Joy Division I could get on my hands and ears on, all that was left was to see this in live but completely impossible I thought until I discovered Peter Hook was doing a tour of the record Unknown Pleasures ! I had to be there! To which I can say  I was not disappointed even though Ian Curtis was not the singer. Peter Hook has a great voice and sang the songs was great passion and soul in his own personal way but they still held the intensity in which they were wrote and expressed by Ian Curtis. The sound was amazing, the drummer was amazing, the guitar playing was amazing nothing was out of place! I really liked there style of head down and honest playing no bullshit !

Peter hook had a great stage presence and it was unreal to hear these songs in 2011 that were written in the late 70’s they are totally ageless its almost like these tracks were 20 or 30 years ahead of the time that they were created, and for me Ian Curtis is one of the greatest writers ever with total dept when you hear the lyrics you feel like you know him and can understand how he felt. I completely loved the whole set but I have to say my favorite Joy Division song is New Dawns Fades because of the lyrics and the emotion in Ian Curtis voice so I can say when I heard Peter Hook singing it, it was the only song I missed the voice of Ian Curtis. In all that said everything about Joy Division is in perfect balance for my taste in music ! I could keep writing but I better stop here or ill take up to much space

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire