mercredi 30 mars 2011

30 mars 2011 - Dot Legacy + Paperplane pilots + Streetfight Silence @ Miroiterie

Very interesting and refreshing gig in La Miroiterie with Dot Legacy, Streetflight Silence and Paperplane Pilots


Paperplane Pilots was the band to open the night, while sitting outside drinking beer and eating a ham sandwich I could hear them doing the sound check though the walls of the venue and I thought ok that sound quite good, but I’m sorry to say it didn’t rock my world too much.



They did have some good songs but something felt a little flat or maybe I’m just becoming more hard to please in my old age.


Streetfight Silence is an indie pop rock trio from U.K who describe themselves as (not what people expect of a band in skinny jeans ). I did not listen to this band before that night and had never heard of them, but I have to say it was quite good, very catchy songs and a band you can see maybe getting somewhere. These three are quite young and seem very motivated and seem to give every bit of what they have to their songs. The strong point of the band is the singer and guitar player, he has a great voice quite powerful and very easily grabs attention. It’s nice to see young guys like this full of intension and freedom in the way they play. Afterwards I went to see if I could buy an album or demo but unfortunately they only had a disc with one song which I did not buy as I’m too lazy to get up of the sofa while listening to music to change a cd after one song so they lost a sale.


Dot Legacy : kicked the ass off both these bands, sorry Streetflight Silence & Paperplane Pilots but true !

This for me was one of the most refreshing gig I have seen in a long time.





The drummer is a mini version of Slash from Guns & Roses, banging away on the drums with his mini afro, one guitar player is like some wild haired Irish cave man and the singer has a funky mini afro too! But this band has even more to offer besides cool haircuts. I really loved their set of funk, blues and 70’s Psychedelic style with a piece of Beastie Boys thrown into the mix ! It’s quite impressive to see young guys like this who get what it’s all about. You can see in their music they have a lot of influences but they have their own personal way of creating their songs and you can feel they put a lot of thought into it. I would recommend this band a must be seen.

Dot Legacy cool band, great music, no bullshit and funky haircuts !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire